For those who are interested in shopping cart software, Shopify may not be a new name. It is a well-known online selling platform that allows you to develop your online store from where you can promote, sell and ship your products. Its popularity is mainly due to its easy to use interface and low start-up cost. Many merchants have found it worthy while there are others who need certain developments. Even if you want to get Shopify subscription then it’s best to know its pros and cons so that you can strategize accordingly.
Pros of Shopify
This cloud based SaaS provides you access to an admin panel against a monthly fees. You can store data, add and get orders and process them. It also provides you with different design templates and you get customer support too. Now, let’s have a look at the pros of Shopify
- It’s easy to use and that is why most merchant love it. It is mainly built for those who are non-skilled user. You can simply add products, offer any discounts and process orders. The web-design is also user friendly.
- The startup cost with Shopify is indeed low. The basic plan will cost you only $29/month and you can try an affordable way to start your online setup.
- There are beautiful themes that can be availed by the subscribing merchants. The themes are mobile responsive and you may choose between free or the premium ones.
- If you are a dropshipper then this is the right platform for you. It is integrated with Oberlo and Spocket that this dropshipping from your admin panel becomes easier.
- There are different ways by which you can get support. Call them by phone, try live chat or send an email, your queries and issues are answered fast.
Cons of Shopify
While it is of great use still many merchant feel that there are certain cons too. Let’s find them out.
- When you use it you will find that it has features that a small business will require but if you want something specific for your business, you may not get it separately. Now you have to ask for add-ons for make your online shop the way you want.
- The add-ons are not free and sometimes you have to pay hefty amount for buying them.
- There are certain transactions fees that you have to pay apart from the monthly subscription. It can be waived but for that you need to take payment through Shopify Payments.
Once knowing about these now you can decide whether you will use it for starting your online store.
Check out our new Broken links checker tool!