Schema & Breadcrumbs FAQ
How do i know if it works?
- First and the fastest method is to go on any of your shop`s pages (product, articles, blogs...), right click>view page source or ctrl+u and search for "json+ld" (without the quotes) and you should see something like this:
- Another way is to copy the url of any of the pages and go to Google`s structured data testing tool and paste your url there. As a result you will see something like in the image below:
- A recent tool from Google is the new Rich Results testing tool that can show if your page is eligible or not for rich snippets, but does not support all kind of schema objects yet.
Why am I getting errors on structured data testing tool?
- First of all make sure it actually says error and not warning
- If there are any errors feel free to contact us and we will make the problem go away ASAP
- Also there may be other structured data objects present on your shop. In this case contact us as well and we can manually override them.
- Most of the time they show up for product resources, either because of a missing barrcode or sku, but if they are just warnings there are no issues.
I have installed the app but nothing happened.
- If you are using an "Online store 2.0" theme you must manually insert the app blocks inside each template of your store. Sadly Shopify does not provide some "bulk" insert mechanism at this moment
- If you are still on a legacy theme, make sure the app is initialized and if there is still no sign of the app working, please contact us
- It usually takes a few weeks before Google indexes all the changes and maybe more until it generates rich snippets. Patience is the key here
I need to change the breadcrumbs position. How do I do that?
- If you are using an "Online store 2.0" theme, you can manually drag & drop the blocks inside each template in the desired position
- For legacy themes, the breadcrumbs position is by default at the top of each template. Horizontal positioning can be adjusted from the theme editor. If they need to be placed in any other place on the page you can contact us and we will assist ASAP.
- This issue may occur if you are upgrading from the old version of the app to the new one. If this does happen in your case, please contact us and we will solve the issue in no time.
I have initiated/removed the breadcrumbs and it messed up my theme
In the unfortunate situation this happens, our app has your back. There are 2 ways of handling this. Either by rolling out an older version of the modified file:
From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
Find the theme you want to edit, and then click Actions > Edit code.
Inside the Layout folder, click the theme.liquid file
Click Older versions next to the .liquid file name
Click the drop-down menu to select an older version. Clicking a timestamp will roll the code back to that saved version.
Follow this link for a more comprehensive guide:
Or you will see that there is a bakup theme.liquid created automatically upon installation. This file version will be identical to the original theme.liquid at the moment of the app installation.
If your issue is none of the above, drop us a line an we will get back to you ASAP